Green Tea has been a part of my life now for over a year perhaps even longer and let me tell you, I am hooked! Once you go green you never go back, there are so many flavours, variations and ways you can drink Green Tea, I truly believe there’s something for everybody. Most importantly though are the health benefits to be gained from Green Tea. I’m going to share with you my current 3 favourite Green Teas and 10 reasons why it is so good for you! Also guys if you really love tea, there is a Twitter chat at 7pm GMT every Tuesday called #TeaHour dedicated to all talks of tea!
My favourite brand of tea is Clipper. Their tea bags are all unbleached, fair trade and use all natural and organic ingredients. Plus the packaging is super cute! The Clipper Green Tea with Lemon is what I drink every day. I’ve also recently tried the Twinings Loose Leaf Apple and Elderflower Pyramid Tea Bags and they are absolutely delicious. I also drink the Clipper Green Tea with Lime and Ginger from time to time as ginger is so good for the immune system.
10 Reasons Why Green Tea is Good for You
- It can kick-start your metabolism helping you lose weight more easily.
2. It contains a huge amount of nutrients and anti-oxidants
3. It can protect your cells from damage
4. It can help improve your brain functions and over time make you smarter
5. It releases a small amount of caffeine in the brain increasing productivity in a good way
6. It has been proven to actually be capable of burning off fat
7. It has the ability to reduce your risk of cancer
8. It can reduce your risk of becoming obese and assist you in losing weight
9. It can reduce your chances of infection
10. It has been known to fight diabetes and cardiovascular disease
So there you have it! 3 of my favourite Green Teas and 10 reasons why it is so good for you! There are lots of varieties out there and you can always try it over ice or with sliced fruit. Tweet me if you would like to see more recipes and ways you can drink Green Tea as I’m always excited to try new ideas! I just bought some loose leaf tea from a local tea shop so keep an eye out for a post on that. Don’t forget to check out #TeaHour on Twitter too every Tuesday! Thanks for reading see you next week!