With the glorious weather this week there’s nothing better than enjoying an iced tea outside in the sunshine. I find iced tea so refreshing, and as I’m particularly fond of green tea I decided to play around making some recipes. I tried 3 different flavours and they all tasted absolutely delicious, especially the mojito flavoured iced green tea. I thought I’d share my recipes with you to give you some new ideas, as to how you can stay cool and refreshed in the hot weather, and enjoy a nice cup of tea at the same time! All the recipes will make enough for around 6-8 drinks, perfect for an afternoon tea with friends.
Peach Green Iced Tea
I tried one of these when I was on holiday and I think this one may be my new favourite Summer drink. The flavour of the peaches really compliments the green tea and really quenches your thirst.
- 4 Fresh Sliced Peaches
- 8 Mugs of Green Tea (I used Green Tea infused with lemon just for the refreshing flavour!)
- A Generous Squeeze of Honey
- Ice to Serve
- In a large heat proof bowl or jug make your 8 mugs of green tea.
- Add in 2 sliced peaches and your honey then let it steep for a good 6 minutes.
- Sieve out the tea bags and the fruit then pop in the fridge for an hour. Pour over ice and add some of the sliced peaches to the individual drinks and you’re good to go!
Lemonade Green Iced Tea
- The Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 Sliced Lemons
- 2 Sliced Lemons to Serve
- 8 Mugs of Green Tea, I would recommend lemon infused if you can
- A Generous Squeeze of Honey
- You want to follow the exact same steps as the peach green tea above.
- Steep, add your ingredients, sieve it and chill it. Be generous with the honey and you want it to be nice and sweet like lemonade!
- Pour it over ice and serve with fresh sliced lemon. This is a really good way to re-energise if you’re feeling tired and to give your body an amazing detox!
Mojito (Virgin) Green Iced Tea
This iced tea tasted just like a mojito it was absolutely delicious, the combination of lime and mint is divine in the warm Summer weather.
- 2 Bunches of Fresh Mint
- 8 Mugs of Green Tea ( I used lemon infused again)
- Mint to Garnish
- 2 Sliced Limes
- 1 Sliced Lime to Garnish
- A Squeeze of Honey
- Steep and add your fresh mint, limes and honey. If you really like mint roll it a little before just to release the minty flavour.
- Sieve it and chill in the fridge.
- Pour over ice and add a sprig of mint and some lime wedges to serve.
What I love about this recipe is it’s so simple yet so impressive to serve to friends. It also genuinely tastes like a mojito and who would say no to that!
So there are my 3 ways to enjoy Green Tea over ice. Once you learn the basics its very easy to see how you can create flavours with all sorts of lovely ingredients. Green tea is so beneficial for your health and you can read my post 10 Reasons Why Green Tea is Good for You to find out why you should be drinking it! Iced tea with fruit is the perfect alternative if you don’t enjoy green tea in the usual way with hot water and super refreshing in the Summer. Invite your friends over and enjoy afternoon tea with an iced tea twist! Don’t forget to tweet me @LaurenKirby_ with pictures and comments if you try any of my recipes, I’d love to hear what you think. Enjoy your iced tea and I’ll see you next week!